Friday, September 21, 2007

1st Place! - Kennett Mushroom Festival Art Show

Kennett Square has it's annual Mushroom Festival in early September and with it is an Arts Festival which I had no idea about. I had no intention of entering especially since I did not know it was there, but my neighbor (who is an artist) told me about it and after some pushing and encouragement from her I decided to enter 4 photos. Now this was a last minute thing for me as we were heading on vacation the week of the art show, I only had two photos printed (which were in my sons bedroom framed in a inexpensive poster frame from Walmart). So I quickly ordered two additional prints, bought some frames and matting, did my own mat cutting which in itself is a bad experience. I did not want to put too much $$ into this because having someone inexpensively frame a print is easily over $100 x 4 and I seriously did not think much would come of it. I then handed off my framed photos to my neighbor who while I was on vacation dropped them off at the art show.

When we got back from vacation we heading into town on the following Monday to pick up my photos. Low and behold - I took the Blue Ribbon - 1st place - The Grand Pubah - in the photography division...and as a bonus I sold two of the four framed prints I dropped off. I seriously did not think I had a chance especially due to the number of artist entered in the event. Not a bad week for not even being there!

So now I think I may even stop by our towns art shop/gallery and talk to them about how to get some photos placed on display in the gallery.

Here are the prints I entered in the show:
This first one took the Blue Ribbon and top honors:































and these are the two prints that sold:















No comments: