Thursday, March 1, 2007

Spring ride.....not quite yet :(

Thursday I was down in Annapolis MD for a work lunch meeting, sun was shining, not a flake of snow in site and how WARM it was - drive home I had the windows down....call a co-worker and he had his AC on in the car already. What a great day to get in a quick road ride. As I cross over the Maryland state line into Pennsylvania I notice, complete cloud cover and the ground still covered with snow.

I head out on my new road bike (teaser shot, more details on the bike later) that I picked up from Henry's Bikes in Pike Creek DE. 2 weeks ago. The frame is a replacement frame paid for by the nice insurance company for the girl that was driving the Suburban that hit me over the Christmas holiday.

So heading out on a quick ride - colder than earlier and much more snow than I expected.













Since I am planning on my 1st road race in two weeks I thought I better start riding a few hills so a few miles into my ride I start into my 1st hill behind my house - wasn't all that painful, but again I was not pushing hard up the hill - I will probably have a very rude awakening in 2 weeks. And this year I made my upgrade to Cat 4....but signed up for the Masters race - probably not my smartest move of the year

After going up you are always rewarded by a nice down hill section, Roads were way too wet and my feet and legs were drenched - I know this was going to end up being too cold of a ride because of the water. Did my regular lunch time loop with a short expanded section. Actually felt kind of tired after the ride and the same after my lunch break at the YMCA today. I was planning on riding the trainer during lunch on Friday, but I think I will take the day off and try and rest a bit. Right now I am doing fairly well and above my norm for riding time each week - from the beginning of the year thru now I am averaging ~5-7 hours a week exercise time (including the YMCA), which is pretty good for me.
















Another sneek peak at the new road bike - the face was blurred to protect the......Once I get some decent pictures of the bike, I'll post a review.

No comments: