Saturday, January 12, 2008

Some Weekend Group Riding - finally!

Haven't been writing much, busy with odds and ends and just haven't been updating the Blog much.

Well finally after being off the bike completely for 2 months (longest off a bike pretty much my entire life) I have been able to get back and start some riding again. Last week was the Donut ride - a few guys on fixed gears and a few of us on geared bikes.....headed out to NorthBrook Orchards for some famous bakery treats only to find out they are closed for the season????? Especially since their main sign says they are OPEN ALL YEAR!! Kind of a let down, but I lived.

Trying to get back into the swing of doing some routine excersizing a few days a week this week we had two beautiful days of close to 60 degree weather so I did a lunch time road ride on both days - Wednesday was my 1st ever Spinning class at the YMCA - going to try this one day a week for a while just to keep it mixed up a bit.

Today we had a nice group ride out of Marc V's house for a 2 1/2 hour road ride. Perfect weather and as always good and safe company!

As far a photography....had a lot of "upgrades" the past month or so and justbeen trying to learn some new software and get in place a new workflow for 2008 with the goal to speed up some large number pricessing. Switch to using Lightroom (which I love) and CS3, added a few plugins for sharpening (Photokit Sharpener) and Noise Reduction(Noise Ninja) - still learning my way around the new software with the hopes of getting the basics dialed in soon.
Picked up a new camera as well - D300 and lens 105 f/2.8vr Micro. My D200 with be my 2nd body now.


No comments: